Window Width = px
Progress Bar Width = px

Help Our Cause

My User

Share

Matthew Pfeifer

I need your help to end domestic violence.

In 2016 Royal LePage announced the next challenge in support of the Royal LePage Shelter foundation, would be in Iceland the following summer. I was excited for an opportunity to see such an amazing and diverse landscape. And as rewarding as that was there was so much more to the trip and the Shelter Foundation.

During the process of raising funds for my local shelters I was able to meet the people on the front line working in the shelters. This was truly an eye-opening event for me. I have been blessed in my life to have never experienced first hand domestic violence. To see first had the effects and devastation that domestic violence brings was something that made me feel uncomfortable in my own skin. Being at the shelters I felt out of place, awkward and unsettled. All these emotions from a person who has never had to experience the violence and fear first hand.  

If visiting the shelters, seeing first hand the need wasn’t enough to hit home, my next experience surely was. I spend a lot of my free time giving back to my community. It was at one of these community events that I learned someone I have known for a while needed the services of the women’s shelters in Regina previously. Hearing that story really hit me. Now this wasn’t something that happens to “other people” or people I didn’t know, this was personal. This impacts all people from all walks of life.  

The last time I committed to the trek I was able to raise over $11,000 in conjunction with my father. Of that money 80% stays in Regina while the remaining 20% goes to the Royal LePage national foundation. One thing I am very proud of with Royal LePage is that every single dollar raised goes to funding the local shelters and national awareness campaign. Royal LePage funds all costs of administering the charity, paying the staff and renting the offices.

In November 2019, I will be trekking 100 km across the Sahara Desert in support of the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation. For 5 straight days, my colleagues from Royal LePage offices across Canada and I will be hiking up to 7 hours a day across difficult terrain in this hot and dry desert climate, with temperatures dropping considerably at night. We will be sleeping in large group tents, using camping-style bathroom facilities, and going without electricity, cell service and the other comforts of home. To be eligible to participate, I must raise at least $5,000. This journey will not be easy and it has already started for me. I will be preparing physically and mentally for months and will be covering my own travel costs. Each dollar we raise and every step we take will make it easier for women and children in our communities to walk safely away from violence. 

Click SPONSOR ME to help me reach my fundraising goal. Thank you for your support!

Note: The Royal LePage Shelter Foundation issues tax receipts in February for all donations ($20+) made in the previous calendar year.

100%
  • Goal $5,000.00
  • Raised $5,005.25
Top Donations
  • Royal LePage Regina Realty - $676.70
  • Matt's Pasta Fundraiser - $600.00
  • Regina Riot Football - $500.00
  • Kevin Peyson - $300.00
  • Regina Rolling Robot Tours - $255.00
Sponsors
Donor Date Amount Message
Sahara Fundraiser 11/15/2019 $76.40
P. R. Investments Inc. 11/15/2019 $100.00
Peter Woldu 11/14/2019 $76.00 Go get it 👍🏾
Soup for Shelter 11/14/2019 $65.00
Timothy Salisbury 11/11/2019 $100.00
View All