Window Width = px
Progress Bar Width = px

Help Our Cause

My User

Share

Caroline Baile

TOGETHER WE CAN BREAK THE CYCLE AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

THRILLED, EXCITED, HONOURED... a few words to describe how over-the-moon excited I am to be participating in a 100km trek across the Sahara Desert in support of the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation.

In November 2019, I will be trekking 100 km across the Sahara Desert in support of the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation. For 5 straight days I will be hiking (no camels) up to 7 hours a day across difficult terrain in this hot and dry desert climate, with temperatures dropping to almost freezing in the evenings. We will be sleeping in large group tents, going without electricity, electronics, cell service and other comforts of home. It will be challenging, but nothing in comparison to what the women and children forced to flee their homes to escape domestic violence face.

In addition to physically and mentally preparing for this trek, I must raise a Minimum of $7,000 in donations. I will be covering all my own expenses including flights, hotel, meals, equipment... with 100% of every dollar raised going direclty to the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation. 80% of the money raised goes to The Yellow Brick House, right here in our own community. The remaining 20% goes to funding national programs helping educate youth on healthy relationships. Each dollar we raise and every step we take will make it easier for women and children in our communities to walk safely away from violence. 

This is a cause I am very passionate about. As a realtor, my job is to help people find their perfect homes. Not just a roof over their heads, but a place they can feel comfortable and safe in. Sadly, this is not the case for many, and right here in our own community. Sadly, on any given night in Canada close to 6,000 women and children stay in an emergency shelter because it’s not safe for them to be at home. At the same time, 300 are turned away each night because all the shelters are full. Even more tragically, on average, every 6 days in Canada a woman is killed by her current or former partner. In too many cases women go to their local shelter because they are literally running for their lives.

I want to help these women and children by ensuring a safe place and support services are available to them when they need it. They deserve our help and our encouragement that a brighter future is possible. I also recognize that educating our youth about building healthy relationships is the key to breaking the cycle of family violence in Canada. Will you join me in making a difference?

Click SPONSOR ME to help me reach my fundraising goal. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

#HikingForHER  #BreakTheCycle  #TrekForShelter

Note: The Royal LePage Shelter Foundation issues tax receipts in February for all donations ($20+) made in the previous calendar year.

100%
  • Goal $7,000.00
  • Raised $7,000.00
Top Donations
  • Self Defence Fundraiser - $950.00
  • Royal LePage RCR Realty - $500.00
  • Anonymous - $500.00
  • Anonymous - $500.00
  • Mary M Andrews - $500.00
Sponsors
Donor Date Amount Message
Sofia da Silva 8/10/2019 $175.00 Thank you Caroline for working so hard for such an important cause. I wish you all luck with the super tough (and very cool) Sahara trekk!!
Jeremy Odland 8/7/2019 $100.00 Amazing job and have a blast!!
Royal LePage RCR Realty 6/4/2019 $500.00 Way to go, Caroline!
Susie Strom 6/3/2019 $250.00 So proud of you for doing this! Can't wait to hear all the stories about your adventure through the desert!!
Nelia Luis 5/21/2019 $25.00 Have a super trek!
View All