Window Width = px
Progress Bar Width = px

Help Our Cause

My User


Ross Hughes

Welcome to my Ecuador Challenge for Shelter fundraising page!
As we emerge from the COVID pandemic, shelters are seeing an increase in domestic violence cases and more women than ever need their help. Unfortunately, while things may be getting back to normal for us, there are still women and children who need to escape dangerous situations and start over. So, let's lend a hand and support these shelters in doing vital work.
Let's make a difference together! I'm in, are you?
After the life-changing experience of the 2021 Challenge for Shelter trek through the Purcell Mountains, I knew I wanted to participate again, so this November, I'm going to Ecuador to tackle a 5-day trek to one of the highest active volcanoes in the world! During this high-altitude adventure, I'll be hiking long days across varied terrain in unpredictable mountain weather, camping in a tent and going without cell service, electricity, and other comforts of home. It's going to be a tough trek, but the money I raise will help women and children in my community and across the country who are facing domestic violence. In a time when women's shelters need our support more than ever, I'm determined to do my part to make sure they have access to the resources they need to stay safe and rebuild their lives. Any donation, big or small, will help make a huge impact! I'm asking you to join me in helping make a difference.
To support me, just hit the "SPONSOR ME" button near the bottom of this page. Help me reach my fundraising goal, 80% of which will be going directly to Family Transition Place in Orangeville, with the other 20% assisting Nationally through the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation. *I'll be covering all costs related to the trek myself, which means 100% of donations received go directly to helping women and children in need*
Cheers to your support! Thank you!
Please note: The Royal LePage Shelter Foundation issues tax receipts in February for all donations of $20 or more made in the previous calendar year.

  • Goal $20,000.00
  • Raised $10,480.00
Top Donations
  • Kent Browne - $750.00
  • Andrew Wildeboer - $750.00
  • Steve Dickie - $500.00
  • Lindsay Strom - $500.00
  • Surf Monkey Costa Rica - $500.00
Donor Date Amount Message
Robert Mair 12/6/2023 $100.00
Brent J Houghton 11/14/2023 $200.00 Good Luck, Safe Trip!
Wayne Baguley 11/10/2023 $250.00
Melanie Brookman 11/8/2023 $50.00 Good luck, Ross!!
Marcia Alderson 11/8/2023 $50.00 Thank you my friend. You already know what a difference you are making :-)
View All