Window Width = px
Progress Bar Width = px

Help Our Cause

My User


Linda Murphy

Welcome to my Ecuador Challenge for Shelter fundraising page!

Women’s shelters in Canada need our support now, more than ever, to fund their life-saving and life-changing work. As we emerge from the COVID pandemic, shelters across the country are reporting rising rates of domestic violence and more women than ever who are reaching out for help. While most of our lives have returned to normal, there are women and children in all corners of the country who are now fleeing the danger within their homes and working to rebuild their future after experiencing domestic violence. 

I plan to help and I hope you will join me in making a difference!

In 2019, I backpacked 3,000km solo, from Mexico to Canada on the Pacific Crest Trail - for women's shelters.

In 2022, I hiked 1,000 km on Canada's longest footpath, the Bruce Trail - for women's shelters.

In November 2023, I will be heading to the Andes Mountains of Ecuador, trekking 100km, over 5 days, towards one of the highest active volcanoes in the world! During this challenge, I will be hiking long days across rugged, mountain terrain, at high altitudes, in unpredictable weather. I’ll be camping in a tent, and going without cell service, electricity, bathroom facilities, and other comforts of home. This trek will be tough, but will be immensely worthwhile. Each step I take, and every dollar I raise, will support courageous women and children who are seeking safety and hope for a life free from abuse.

My local shelter in Collingwood, ON, will receive 80% of my funds raised, and the other 20% will go to domestic violence prevention programs across Canada. That means 100% of your donation will go to victims - yes, every penny - and will be received, with a full heart of gratitude! 

Please click the SPONSOR ME link near the bottom of this page to help me reach my fundraising goal. 

Thank you for your support! Please note: The Royal LePage Shelter Foundation issues tax receipts in February for all donations of $20 or more made in the previous calendar year.

  • Goal $6,000.00
  • Raised $8,050.00
Top Donations
  • Proceeds from A Grand in Your Hand - $1,000.00
  • Jack Vanderkooy - $500.00
  • Campbell Beatson - $333.00
  • Melanie "OJ" Pearce - $300.00
  • Friends at 4Seasons Probus Club - $250.00
Donor Date Amount Message
Patti L Watson 11/26/2023 $200.00 Well Done! We are so glad you are at home, safe and sound
Monica OHanley 11/25/2023 $200.00 MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎄
Dorothy M Hiltz 11/18/2023 $50.00
Teri Yamada 11/18/2023 $50.00 Good luck and stay safe!
Campbell Beatson 11/18/2023 $333.00 Happy Hiking … Be Well
View All