Window Width = px
Progress Bar Width = px

Help Our Cause

My User

Share

Lorri Walters

Welcome to my Iceland Challenge for Shelter fundraising page! Did you know: 

  • Half of all women in Canada over the age of 16 have experienced at least one incident of sexual or physical violence. 
  • Each year in Canada, an estimated 362,000 children witness family violence.
  • On average, every six days in Canada a woman is murdered by her intimate partner.

These are shocking statistics. I'm going to do something to help.  In July 2017, I will be trekking nearly 100 km across some of Iceland's most actively volcanic areas in support of the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation and raising funds to help women and children in Canada escape abuse and rebuild lives that are loving, safe and free from violence. 

For 8 days, my friends and colleagues from Royal LePage offices across Canada will be crossing difficult terrain in unpredictable weather, sleeping in tents with only 2-3 hours of darkness each night, and going without electricity and cell service. To be eligible to participate, we each must raise a minimum $5,000 in support of the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation, but i do hope to surpass the minimum. 80% of funds raised goes directly to the Saskatoon Interval House and the remaining 20% of funds raised goes to domestic violence prevention and teen healthy relationship programs across Canada.


This journey will not be easy. I will be preparing physically and mentally for months and will be covering my own travel costs. Each dollar we raise and every step we take will make it easier for women and children to walk safely away from violence. 

Please click the SPONSOR ME link near the bottom of this page to help me reach my fundraising goal. Thank you for your support! Please note: The Royal LePage Shelter Foundation issues tax receipts in February for all donations of $20 or more made in the previous calendar year.

117%
  • Goal $6,000.00
  • Raised $7,003.00
Top Donations
  • Alan Aron - $1,000.00
  • Daryl Miller - $1,000.00
  • Pete Cockburn - $500.00
  • Mike Derbowka - $200.00
  • Janet Walters - $200.00
Sponsors
Donor Date Amount Message
Karen Gauthier 7/20/2017 $25.00 Good luck!!
Andrew & Angie 7/18/2017 $100.00 Go Lorri, Go!!
Jody Lavoie and Melanie Nabert 7/18/2017 $50.00 Have a safe and fantastic time
John Quinney 7/17/2017 $30.00
Jim Bridgeman 7/17/2017 $50.00
View All