Window Width = px
Progress Bar Width = px

Help Our Cause

My User

Share

Ross Hughes

Welcome to my Purcell Mountains Challenge for Shelter fundraising page!

The COVID-19 pandemic has changed so much for everyone, including women’s shelters and the families they serve. The need for these shelters has increased while many fundraising events have been cancelled, placing a larger strain with less available resources on shelters across Canada. 

I’m excited to become a part of the solution and hope you’ll join me in making a difference!

Along with other members of Royal LePage, I will be taking part in a 6-day trek across British Columbia’s Northern Purcell Mountains in August*. In addition to covering my own travel costs, to participate I must raise a minimum of $5,000 - 80% of which will go directly to Family Transition Place here in Orangeville, while the remaining 20% goes to the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation to fund violence prevention and education initiatives across Canada.

It has always been a dream of mine to take part in the trek in support of such a worthy cause. I look forward to the challenge that carrying all of my own gear across 100 km of scenic, yet challenging terrain, while tent camping and going without running water, electricity and cell service will present!

I hope you will sponsor me by clicking the link below and donate what you can to help me reach my new goal of $10,000! Thank you for all of your generous support!

Please note: The Royal LePage Shelter Foundation issues tax receipts in February for all donations of $20 or more made in the previous calendar year.

*While we know difficult days are still ahead, our trek organizers feel that given the trajectory of Canada’s COVID-19 recovery, we will be able to gather safely for small-group hiking in Canada this summer. In doing so, we hope to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for this important cause. We will monitor COVID-19 developments closely and adhere to all provincial and federal laws and travel advisories. Fundraising for our local women's shelters is our primary goal; we will only hike if it is safe to do so. 

101%
  • Goal $10,000.00
  • Raised $10,120.00
Top Donations
  • Sue Brundle - $1,000.00
  • Andrew Wildeboer, Royal LePage RCR Realty - $500.00
  • Joe and Andrea Sammut - $500.00
  • Chris Keleher - $400.00
  • Ross Hutchings - The Helm Marketing Group - $300.00
Sponsors
Donor Date Amount Message
David Grime 8/24/2021 $100.00 Good work buddy! Trekkiing is so much fun. Wish I could have gone.
Patrick T Dwyer 8/23/2021 $20.00 Good luck Ross!
Matt Hutten 8/21/2021 $150.00 Nice work Ross!!
Bluebird Cafe & Grill 8/21/2021 $200.00 Kudos to you from all of us at The Bluebird. We willl have a pizza waiting for you when you get back!
Suzanne Dickinson 8/21/2021 $50.00 Way to go Ross!
View All