Window Width = px
Progress Bar Width = px

Help Our Cause

My User


Sebastian Albrecht

Welcome to my Purcell Mountains Challenge for Shelter fundraising page!

Women’s shelters in Canada (and especially on Vancouver's Downtown Eastside) need our support now more than ever to continue their life-saving and life-changing work. The COVID-19 pandemic has led to increases in the incidence and severity of domestic violence. Calls for help have skyrocketed while at the same time countless fundraising events in both 2020 and 2021 have been cancelled. While most of us are slowly preparing for a return to normalcy, we cannot forget that there isn’t a vaccine for domestic violence. 

The Downtown Eastside has been particularly hard hit through the pandemic. My designated shelter (where 80% of all funds I raise will go - the other 20% spread amongst qualifying women's shelter's throughout Canada) is the UGM's Sanctuary Program where they help women and young mother's stabilize their lives and transition to a life away from addiction and abuse.

I plan to help and I hope you will join me in making a difference!

In August 2021*, I will be trekking in British Columbia’s Northern Purcell Mountains in support of the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation (and UGM's Sanctuary Program). Over the course of 6 days, I will be hiking across some of Canada’s most majestic terrain. While the scenery will be incredible, the hiking will not be easy as I’ll be carrying all my gear and camping supplies on my back. I will be tent-camping and going without bathroom facilities, electricity, cell service and other comforts of home. To be eligible to participate, I must raise at least $5,000 and cover my own travel costs. Each dollar I raise and every step I take will make it easier for women and children in our community to walk safely away from violence.

Please click the SPONSOR ME link near the bottom of this page to help me reach my fundraising goal. 

Thank you for your support! Please note: The Royal LePage Shelter Foundation issues tax receipts in February for all donations of $20 or more made in the previous calendar year.

*While we know difficult days are still ahead, our trek organizers feel that given the trajectory of Canada’s COVID-19 recovery, we will be able to gather safely for small-group hiking in Canada this summer. In doing so, we hope to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for this important cause. We will monitor COVID-19 developments closely and adhere to all provincial and federal laws and travel advisories. Fundraising for our local women's shelters is our primary goal; we will only hike if it is safe to do so. 

  • Goal $5,000.00
  • Raised $8,150.00
Top Donations
  • Cory Raven - $1,000.00
  • Anonymous - $1,000.00
  • Royal LePage Westside - $500.00
  • Johanna Albrecht - $500.00
  • Anonymous - $500.00
Donor Date Amount Message
Sharon Gurm 8/20/2021 $50.00
Royal LePage Westside 8/12/2021 $500.00
Ian Meissner 8/11/2021 $50.00 Safe trekking!!
Marcia Alderson 8/10/2021 $100.00 Smash it my friend. Well done.
Pam Brewis 8/8/2021 $50.00 Good luck Sebastian!! You are a wonderful role model for your children!
View All